Experienced optometrists to help you see better !
Trust the team of optometrists at L’Aire Visuelle to inform and guide you on every aspect of your vision and eye health. Our skilled and courteous professionals will recommend the exams and treatments relevant to your situation. Our optometrists are equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies, to ensure you receive the most accurate diagnosis! An overview of our services:
- Complete eye exams, including eye health and visual function analysis;
- Treatment of visual impairments with eyeglasses or contact lenses;
- Treatment of infectious or inflammatory ocular conditions (conjunctivitis, blepharitis, uveitis, foreign bodies, etc.) with a prescribed medical treatment or the proper recommendations;
- In-depth eye health assessment in order to identify eye diseases or conditions; our optometrists are trained to recognize cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration and other retinal diseases, detached retinas and diabetes-related complications, among other conditions;
- Need a referral to see an ophthalmologist? We can quickly arrange one! Once our optometrists have diagnosed a condition that requires an ophthalmic consultation, our patients are referred to a specialist in the area best suited to their situation (oculoplastic surgery, glaucoma specialist, retinologist, corneal or other specialist);
- Electronic refractometer ensures an accurate analysis of objective refraction;
- Retinal photography: Our new NIDEK retinal camera is the most highly advanced unit on the market. It provides clear images of your retina, and we keep these images in your file for future consultations
- New NIDEK optical coherence tomography (OCT): OCT is an advanced technology that allows us to view every layer of the retina. This new unit features several tools that provide a thorough analysis of the results obtained. This equipment is necessary for the early detection of various conditions such as vitreous detachment, vitreomacular traction, epiretinal membrane, macular hole, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma… and these are just a few of the conditions that retinal imagery can detect! The highly advanced technology used by the skilled optometrists at L’Aire Visuelle means that you get the most accurate diagnosis when you come for your next eye exam.
- Automated visual field analyzer: During a complete eye exam, visual fields are analyzed in order to check for glaucoma and other conditions (associated with certain medications), and also as part of the requirements for obtaining or renewing a driver’s licence. Our professionals use the Humphrey automated visual field analyzer, by Zeiss.
- Laser surgery: Many visual errors can be corrected through refractive surgery or other surgical approaches (Lasik, PRK, laser blended vision, intraocular lenses, phakic lenses, etc.). Through a complete eye exam and analysis of your visual needs (professional work, leisure, sports), your optometrist can determine whether you are a candidate for such surgeries, provide advice and make suggestions, and refer you to a specialized ophthalmologist.